I visited my blog today. I read over posts that I wrote years ago. It was a private moment between us, and I miss it dearly. When I was writing here, I felt centred, even when the days went pear shaped, there was my blog to allow me to write out the day and make sense of it all.
And then I stopped writing.
I don't know why. Life and things it threw at me got too much, I did not value the therapeutic release, I forgot why I started this blog in the first place.
But what I do know is ...
- I need to come back here on a regular basis
- There is much to gain from writing and sharing our thoughts and feelings
- Without this space, I feel lost and adrift
- It grounds me when I write here
- It is wonderful to be able to read back over past years posts and see how I have grown.
- I miss the blogging community
- Blogging made me a better writer, you need to practice your art.
- It is good for your mind to craft out a story of everyday life
This is a promise to myself. I will write one blog post a week. This is the least that I will do, if inspiration strikes, then I can always write more.
Today I will write a plan for the new months blog posts.
Now, that wasn't so hard was it?