Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

A confession - I need ANOTHER bookcase

Sorting just some of my books on the dining table

A small sample of bookshelves in my reading room

My books (mostly) in Mr K's study


I already have eight.  But I need another one.  Does this constitute an addiction?  

I have been trying hard to buy books electronically (last count was 56 books on my kindle) but there are just some books that have to be real. And I really did try and cull the books, I took about 10 boxes to the book exchange.

Since we renovated last July, I have collected another 4 shelves of books, and as they have no home at the moment, they are stacked beside my bed, beside my reading chair, in a basket beside my reading chair, on the coffee table in the lounge-room, on my desk, on the floor beside my desk.

I am not sure where this new book case will go.

Maybe challenging myself to read 100 books in 2013 was not helping this addiction?  I see a trip to IKEA in my immediate future.

Billy Bookcase - I want one with doors this time. I will have to rearrange my office.

7 comments:

  1. I have four bookshelves, both double stuffed and overflowing, but no matter how much I weed I never seem to get the numbers back to a reasonable amount. I guess it's the nature of the beast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they not only breed Kellie, but bring all their relatives to live too! As far as addictions go, there are worse ;-)

      Delete
  2. I am having a library put into our new home - this I hope will cover my addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hope!! How about we just add a kitchen, bathroom and bedroom to a library!

      Delete
  3. Damn you have 8 bookcases? Thats a lot of books! Why don't you trade some at the 2nd hand store and get some new reads? Then again, maybe you should just donate some to the op shops!
    I would love a whole floor dedicated to books like an at home library. Preferrably at the top of the stairs with a big comfy chair and lamp to sit and read for hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Michelle, a few things to say - I am a lot older than you, more time to collect, I tried a cull and did take away a LOT of books, but I just cant part with any I have now, and I don't collect shoes, or handbags or anything else (well apart from blue gin bottles) so I think I have a controlled addiction ;-).

      Is it really too much? :-)

      Delete
  4. I so wish I had more time to read, I only read e books, as storage is an issue for me to. Maybe when I retire xxx

    ReplyDelete